Saturday, March 27, 2010

Collage Reflection





Think Creatively
In my collage I have some different and creative elements. I have a little bit of information at the top about what life is like for the lost boys of Sudan. This knowledge explains what they have to go through and makes you think more deeply about what they have to deal with and think about daily. The way I have placed my images is another creative element. I have placed them with the idea of a time line, it goes all the way from there culture before the war broke out to their achievements in America. This out lines the 6 word memoir.

Reason Critically
As I said before my images are placed in a time line so my information on them is easy to understand. My words explain the feeling of what happened in that period of their life. The time line helps people understanding of what has happened because it is easy to see and go through your eyes follows the line of images.

Communicate Effectively
My collage portraits awareness for the Lost boys of Sudan because it is a brief sight of their life and what has been going on, it shows you how lucky you are to be born where you were and how you have lived your life. How lucky you are to not live in poverty like these boys. But this is only a slight bit of information about what has happened. By making a poster like this it makes people want to dig deeper and try and help.

Live Ethically
My collage shows empathy for the lost boys of Sudan because I searched up more information about them rather than just using what I know I gained a deeper understanding of their life and has encouraged me to read 'They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky' a book about some other boys and their life of poverty and war. My poster incites people on helping, they can see a little bit of how hard it is and will hopefully dig deeper and maybe even donate to some of the organizations that help people that go through this every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment